No programming experience is required, but if you’d like to try the Swift programming language, you may enjoy our free course, Swift for Beginners
Udacity current price ( USD)
This program is designed to prepare you for a job as a professional, junior-level iOS Developer within a wide range of organizations and environments: from large corporations where you’d likely be part of a development team, to entrepreneurial start-ups and contract projects where you could be working independently to deliver an application.
According to the 2017 Stack Overflow Job Trends Report, iOS Developers are among the Top-3 most in-demand developer positions in the job market. Enroll in this program today, and start building your future as an iOS Developer.
This program is designed to prepare you to publish your first iOS app, whether you’re already a developer or relatively new to programming.
In this program, you’ll not only learn how to build iOS apps, you’ll also learn best practices in mobile development, and gain mastery of Swift, an open-sourced object-oriented programming language. Through 6 hands-on, reviewed projects, you’ll gain the skills you need to become an iOS Developer.
You will learn the basics of iOS app development using the Swift programming language and Xcode, Apple’s development environment, then progress to build more complex and advanced applications, using networking, and Apple’s Grand Central Dispatch and Core Data, and will be ready to publish your capstone project to the App Store. NOTE** iOS 11 and iOS 12, along with Swift 4 & Swift 5, are the main ones covered (in some instances Swift 4 is used on-screen but code repository has been updated to Swift 5). Then it is largely storyboard-based, at least in earlier lessons, but also shows off how you would implement certain things programmatically-only along the way.
What They Need: An Apple/Mac Computer, XCode
What They Will Learn/Use: Swift Programming Language
• Pitch Perfect – Build an app that records a user’s voice, then plays the modulated audio through a variety of fun filters.
• MemeMe, Part 1 – Solidify your knowledge of iOS user interface concepts by building an app that creates memes from images. In part 1, you’ll create an app that enables the user to take a picture, add text to form a meme, and share the meme with friends.
• MemeMe, Part 2 – Create a final version of the MemeMe App. Memes will appear in a tab view with two tabs: a table view and a collection view.
• On the Map – Build your first networked app by pulling in data from a web service to create a map with pins representing student locations. Tapping a pin will display a custom URL posted by a student at that location.
• Virtual Tourist – Tour the world without leaving your home! Build an app that lets users drop pins on a map, download pictures for the location, and save favorites to their device.
• Capstone – Drawing on everything you’ve learned in the program, you’ll invent, design, and build your own iOS app for the App Store.
Resources (blog posts, other)
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 6 months
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes